In the late 1800s, the north bank of the Columbia River thrived and boomed with businesses. The space was turned into a transport hub with a ferry landing, rail stops, and hotels. There were also five sawmills,two sash-and-door factories, a box factory, three brickyards, and brewery listed in the 1891 directory.
The waterfront later became a place for shipbuilding for G.M. Standifer Construction Corporation which became Vancouver’s largest employer until it closed in 1921. It then became a paper mill operated by Boise Cascade until 1996. The real estate remained dormant for 12 years until Columbia Waterfront, LLC purchased the property in which they envisioned the waterfront to be an urban gathering place for its local residents and visitors. The construction of the first phase of development began in Spring 2016 and it has finally opened to the public on Sept. 29, 2018. Now, it follows a great real estate marketing strategy to ensure the developments are occupied shortly and thrive.